Fully-updated for Python 3, the second edition of this worldwide bestseller (over 100,000 copies sold) explores the stealthier side of programming and brings you all new strategies for your hacking projects.
When it comes to creating powerful and effective hacking tools, Python is the language of choice for most security analysts.
In this second edition of the bestselling Black Hat Python, you’ll explore the darker side of Python’s capabilities: everything from writing network sniffers, stealing email credentials, and bruteforcing directories to crafting mutation fuzzers, investigating virtual machines, and creating stealthy trojans.
All of the code in this edition has been updated to Python 3.x.
You’ll also find new coverage of bit shifting, code hygiene, and offensive forensics with the Volatility Framework as well as expanded explanations of the Python libraries ctypes, struct, lxml, and BeautifulSoup, and offensive hacking strategies like splitting bytes, leveraging computer vision libraries, and scraping websites.
You’ll even learn how to:
- Create a trojan command-and-control using GitHub
- Detect sandboxing and automate common malware tasks, like keylogging and screenshotting
- Escalate Windows privileges with creative process control
- Use offensive memory forensics tricks to retrieve password hashes and inject shellcode into a virtual machine
- Extend the popular Burp Suite web-hacking tool
- Abuse Windows COM automation to perform a man-in-the-browser attack
- Exfiltrate data from a network most sneakily
When it comes to offensive security your ability to create powerful tools on the fly is indispensable.