Second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. A fast-paced, no-nonsense guide to programming in Python. This book teaches beginners the basics of programming in Python with a focus on real projects.
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition is a straightforward introduction to the core of Python programming. Author Eric Matthes dispenses with the sort of tedious, unnecessary information that can get in the way of learning how to program, choosing instead to provide a foundation in general programming concepts, Python fundamentals, and problem solving. Three real world projects in the second part of the book allow readers to apply their knowledge in useful ways.
Readers will learn how to create a simple video game, use data visualization techniques to make graphs and charts, and build and deploy an interactive web application. Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition teaches beginners the essentials of Python quickly so that they can build practical programs and develop powerful programming techniques.
As you work through the book, you’ll learn how to:
- Use powerful Python libraries and tools, including Pygame, Matplotlib, Plotly, and Django
- Make 2D games that respond to keypresses and mouse clicks, and that increase in difficulty
- Use data to generate interactive visualizations
- Create and customize web apps and deploy them safely online
- Deal with mistakes and errors so you can solve your own programming problems